Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    On another topic, who lies more about the amount they are working out, men or women? I have this sense that there is an underestimation of how much working out is going on from another thread ... But then I'm the skeptical type. I just saw this second thought. Well, my first thought is that I see a difference between (not gender) but types of athletes disclosing how much they train. I feel that the triathletes I know are VERY honest about their absolute insane training schedule. They train for hours a day and all do doubles if not triples (morning, lunch, evening workouts). Most of them are Ironmen and at the top of their age group. Literally, one day may be that they run 8 miles to swim practice; they swim the practice; they run the 8 miles home and then they'll do a long run or bike in the evening. It's truly insane. Less is more does not apply to tri people. They wear their crazy workouts like badges of honor. Saturday could be a 5 or 6 hour bike ride. Of the few masters that I know that actually do doubles, they don't go out of their way to make it known they are doing doubles. I actually ran into one of them doing doubles and they looked sheepishly at me. If I kick someone's butt (meaning a guy's) in the pool, I usually get an unprovoked exclamation of: 1. I ran a marathon right before practice 2. I have bronchitis and just got over a case of strep throat 3. I haven't been in the water since 1974 4. I'm 50 years old and you are much younger than me
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    On another topic, who lies more about the amount they are working out, men or women? I have this sense that there is an underestimation of how much working out is going on from another thread ... But then I'm the skeptical type. I just saw this second thought. Well, my first thought is that I see a difference between (not gender) but types of athletes disclosing how much they train. I feel that the triathletes I know are VERY honest about their absolute insane training schedule. They train for hours a day and all do doubles if not triples (morning, lunch, evening workouts). Most of them are Ironmen and at the top of their age group. Literally, one day may be that they run 8 miles to swim practice; they swim the practice; they run the 8 miles home and then they'll do a long run or bike in the evening. It's truly insane. Less is more does not apply to tri people. They wear their crazy workouts like badges of honor. Saturday could be a 5 or 6 hour bike ride. Of the few masters that I know that actually do doubles, they don't go out of their way to make it known they are doing doubles. I actually ran into one of them doing doubles and they looked sheepishly at me. If I kick someone's butt (meaning a guy's) in the pool, I usually get an unprovoked exclamation of: 1. I ran a marathon right before practice 2. I have bronchitis and just got over a case of strep throat 3. I haven't been in the water since 1974 4. I'm 50 years old and you are much younger than me
Children
No Data