Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • I guess I'll have some fun at Nationals shopping! Especially since in my case I really need to try it on and see just which size to get now. I checked ebay last night but did not see anything available above a 27. Knowing in a regular suit I am a 38 I just don't have the comfort level of shelling out full price for a 29 without trying it on. I must admit I do like my Tyr AquaShift. Kristilynn, what is the difference in feel between the Tyr and Speedo suits and which would you recommend? Especially since I see your picture sporting another favorite of mine the Aquapel. Donna, I first purchased my TYR Aquapel for the 2005 SCY Nats. It was my first technical suit, and I liked it just fine. I also used it for Nats in '06 and at Worlds at Stanford. By the end of Worlds I felt like it was stretching out, so I bought my FSII. I really can't say that I preferred one over the other. I do think that the Speedo runs smaller than the TYR, but my performances have been about the same in both suits. The TYR material feels slicker to the touch, and it may have a bit looser fit through the hips. That's about the only difference I noticed. And... congrats on the weight loss:)
  • I guess I'll have some fun at Nationals shopping! Especially since in my case I really need to try it on and see just which size to get now. I checked ebay last night but did not see anything available above a 27. Knowing in a regular suit I am a 38 I just don't have the comfort level of shelling out full price for a 29 without trying it on. I must admit I do like my Tyr AquaShift. Kristilynn, what is the difference in feel between the Tyr and Speedo suits and which would you recommend? Especially since I see your picture sporting another favorite of mine the Aquapel. Donna, I first purchased my TYR Aquapel for the 2005 SCY Nats. It was my first technical suit, and I liked it just fine. I also used it for Nats in '06 and at Worlds at Stanford. By the end of Worlds I felt like it was stretching out, so I bought my FSII. I really can't say that I preferred one over the other. I do think that the Speedo runs smaller than the TYR, but my performances have been about the same in both suits. The TYR material feels slicker to the touch, and it may have a bit looser fit through the hips. That's about the only difference I noticed. And... congrats on the weight loss:)
Children
No Data