Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • And Donna, I highly recommend the ankle length over the knee skin. The knee skins seem far too tight on the bottom seam, especially if you're like me and don't have skinny thighs. A friend of mine, luckily a sprinter, couldn't keep hers on for very long at all without losing circulation. She said that she wouldn't get another knee-skin. I guess I'll have some fun at Nationals shopping! Especially since in my case I really need to try it on and see just which size to get now. I checked ebay last night but did not see anything available above a 27. Knowing in a regular suit I am a 38 I just don't have the comfort level of shelling out full price for a 29 without trying it on. I must admit I do like my Tyr AquaShift. Kristilynn, what is the difference in feel between the Tyr and Speedo suits and which would you recommend? Especially since I see your picture sporting another favorite of mine the Aquapel.
  • And Donna, I highly recommend the ankle length over the knee skin. The knee skins seem far too tight on the bottom seam, especially if you're like me and don't have skinny thighs. A friend of mine, luckily a sprinter, couldn't keep hers on for very long at all without losing circulation. She said that she wouldn't get another knee-skin. I guess I'll have some fun at Nationals shopping! Especially since in my case I really need to try it on and see just which size to get now. I checked ebay last night but did not see anything available above a 27. Knowing in a regular suit I am a 38 I just don't have the comfort level of shelling out full price for a 29 without trying it on. I must admit I do like my Tyr AquaShift. Kristilynn, what is the difference in feel between the Tyr and Speedo suits and which would you recommend? Especially since I see your picture sporting another favorite of mine the Aquapel.
Children
No Data