Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • My daughter is 5'3" and 115 or so and she can mash herself into a 24 in the Pro even with breaststroker thighs. I think you are supposed to order a smaller size for the Pro than the FS IIs, although I do recall Rich Abrahams saying on another thread that he bought his Pro up a size ... I haven't worn a Pro (or an FSII) but I think the Pro sizing chart suggests that you should get one size-number lower in Pro than in FSII. It's so dumb. Some of the other manufacturers, by contrast (like FINIS and Arena) warn you that they have already done the downsizing for you and you better order the same size as your training suit or the seams will suddenly fail and the suit will fly off in all directions like a stripper video on fast-forward and you are absolutely not going to get a refund if that happens. I bought the 27L because I asked a teammate who is a little smaller than I am (maybe 5'7" and 135?) what size she wore and she said the smallest she had ever worn was a 26. Oh, anyone out there making costume changes between events to ensure a dry suit? Yes. Even at meets where I'm just wearing ordinary torso-only suits I change between events so that I don't get cold.
  • My daughter is 5'3" and 115 or so and she can mash herself into a 24 in the Pro even with breaststroker thighs. I think you are supposed to order a smaller size for the Pro than the FS IIs, although I do recall Rich Abrahams saying on another thread that he bought his Pro up a size ... I haven't worn a Pro (or an FSII) but I think the Pro sizing chart suggests that you should get one size-number lower in Pro than in FSII. It's so dumb. Some of the other manufacturers, by contrast (like FINIS and Arena) warn you that they have already done the downsizing for you and you better order the same size as your training suit or the seams will suddenly fail and the suit will fly off in all directions like a stripper video on fast-forward and you are absolutely not going to get a refund if that happens. I bought the 27L because I asked a teammate who is a little smaller than I am (maybe 5'7" and 135?) what size she wore and she said the smallest she had ever worn was a 26. Oh, anyone out there making costume changes between events to ensure a dry suit? Yes. Even at meets where I'm just wearing ordinary torso-only suits I change between events so that I don't get cold.
Children
No Data