Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • I haven't worn the TYR Aquashift, Donna, so I don't know how its sizes compare to ordinary TYR sizes. But some of y'all wear your tech suits comparatively bigger than I wear mine. I practice in a Speedo Endurance 36 or a TYR polyester 34. I do open-water races, where long-term comfort is more critical, in a 34. I am about 5'8" and I weigh about 145. My highneck long-leg FSI is a 27L and it fit me OK when I was 8-10 lbs heavier. Thanks to $25 and ebay, I have a 26L in the highneck also, which I am pretty sure I will be able to wear 1 month from today. If I can't, or if I pop an unacceptably large hole in it, I also have a 27L in the "recordbreaker" that I am sure I can wear. I have also worn a TYR Fusion with "recordbreaker" back and knee-length legs in a 30 and it is downright comfortable. I could go smaller in that style and fabric no problem. I think the pelvis is the limiting factor. You should get the smallest size that you can work over your hipbones; and yes, working the thing over your hips and butt is pretty difficult. But the rest of you can sort of mash in there.
  • I haven't worn the TYR Aquashift, Donna, so I don't know how its sizes compare to ordinary TYR sizes. But some of y'all wear your tech suits comparatively bigger than I wear mine. I practice in a Speedo Endurance 36 or a TYR polyester 34. I do open-water races, where long-term comfort is more critical, in a 34. I am about 5'8" and I weigh about 145. My highneck long-leg FSI is a 27L and it fit me OK when I was 8-10 lbs heavier. Thanks to $25 and ebay, I have a 26L in the highneck also, which I am pretty sure I will be able to wear 1 month from today. If I can't, or if I pop an unacceptably large hole in it, I also have a 27L in the "recordbreaker" that I am sure I can wear. I have also worn a TYR Fusion with "recordbreaker" back and knee-length legs in a 30 and it is downright comfortable. I could go smaller in that style and fabric no problem. I think the pelvis is the limiting factor. You should get the smallest size that you can work over your hipbones; and yes, working the thing over your hips and butt is pretty difficult. But the rest of you can sort of mash in there.
Children
No Data