Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • They should be a substantially smaller size than your practice suit. For example, I wear a 32 in endurance suits or a 30 in a splish. But my Pro is a 26 and my FS II is a 27. Now, you're probably taller than me, but still ... Most people buy them too big. The people at the swim stores recommend you get them as small as humanly impossible. It should take some time to get into them. If you're slipping it on in a couple minutes, it's way too big. Budget at least 10-15 minutes. Since Pros rip easily, maybe more. If once the suit is on, you can pull the straps up more than an inch or so, it's probably too big. Watching a woman get into her suit is just too hysterical. At my last meet, one woman went into the handicapped stall to sit on the floor because she did not want to subject anyone to the torture of watching her get into it. lol The thighs and hips are torture! There were three of us on the locker room last weekend getting into our suits, it was hilarious! Mine takes about 10 minutes. I wear a 32 (sometimes a 34 in endurance) in practice suits and my FS2 that I wore last weekend is a 29. I ordered another FS2 on ebay last week and it's a 28 and doesn't feel that much different and wasn't that much harder to get on. Not sure about how it will feel in the pool, will try it out next weekend at zones. I did notice that at the beginning of my 500 that my quads felt really constricted and pretty tired while I was swimming. Not sure if it had anything to do with the suit or just that I wasn't rested/tapered at all and was trying to sprint the 500. Would someone PLEASE make sure that I don't try to sprint the 500 at nationals! It was SO painful for the last 150 yards! Julie
  • They should be a substantially smaller size than your practice suit. For example, I wear a 32 in endurance suits or a 30 in a splish. But my Pro is a 26 and my FS II is a 27. Now, you're probably taller than me, but still ... Most people buy them too big. The people at the swim stores recommend you get them as small as humanly impossible. It should take some time to get into them. If you're slipping it on in a couple minutes, it's way too big. Budget at least 10-15 minutes. Since Pros rip easily, maybe more. If once the suit is on, you can pull the straps up more than an inch or so, it's probably too big. Watching a woman get into her suit is just too hysterical. At my last meet, one woman went into the handicapped stall to sit on the floor because she did not want to subject anyone to the torture of watching her get into it. lol The thighs and hips are torture! There were three of us on the locker room last weekend getting into our suits, it was hilarious! Mine takes about 10 minutes. I wear a 32 (sometimes a 34 in endurance) in practice suits and my FS2 that I wore last weekend is a 29. I ordered another FS2 on ebay last week and it's a 28 and doesn't feel that much different and wasn't that much harder to get on. Not sure about how it will feel in the pool, will try it out next weekend at zones. I did notice that at the beginning of my 500 that my quads felt really constricted and pretty tired while I was swimming. Not sure if it had anything to do with the suit or just that I wasn't rested/tapered at all and was trying to sprint the 500. Would someone PLEASE make sure that I don't try to sprint the 500 at nationals! It was SO painful for the last 150 yards! Julie
Children
No Data