Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    They should be a substantially smaller size than your practice suit. For example, I wear a 32 in endurance suits or a 30 in a splish. But my Pro is a 26 and my FS II is a 27. Now, you're probably taller than me, but still ... Most people buy them too big. The people at the swim stores recommend you get them as small as humanly impossible. It should take some time to get into them. If you're slipping it on in a couple minutes, it's way too big. Budget at least 10-15 minutes. Since Pros rip easily, maybe more. If once the suit is on, you can pull the straps up more than an inch or so, it's probably too big. Watching a woman get into her suit is just too hysterical. At my last meet, one woman went into the handicapped stall to sit on the floor because she did not want to subject anyone to the torture of watching her get into it. lol The thighs and hips are torture! On another subject, I was recently told that suit spinners were terrible for your suits. Is that right? They don't seem to do anything to my endurance suits, but I was wondering. You have not fully experienced the college championship meet until you've been witness to the post-warm ups lockerroom festivities. You go in there with technical suit in hand and a towel. Every shower stall is occupied and if your a modest folk and like privacy for this event (which is really what it is, its own separate event or extension of warm-ups) you will need to wait for a stall to become free. To the unexperienced observer the sounds permeating from the lockerrooms at this time might be quite questionable. I'd say the first day or two of wearing my technical suits it takes me a good 10-15 minutes to get into a bodyskin. After those first few times though idk if its my own lack of patience or the fact that thats how much the suit stretches out over only a few uses the time it takes to get into the contraption goes down to about half the time. I wear a 28 fastskin--i wear 28 and 30s for practicing but, I feel that for the technical suits the 28 is sufficiently tight as I have very large legs and I have a wider body shape (hips) lol than a lot of girls. I probably could have gotten a 26 this last time around, because I am only 5'3 and I had some extra material on the ankles.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    They should be a substantially smaller size than your practice suit. For example, I wear a 32 in endurance suits or a 30 in a splish. But my Pro is a 26 and my FS II is a 27. Now, you're probably taller than me, but still ... Most people buy them too big. The people at the swim stores recommend you get them as small as humanly impossible. It should take some time to get into them. If you're slipping it on in a couple minutes, it's way too big. Budget at least 10-15 minutes. Since Pros rip easily, maybe more. If once the suit is on, you can pull the straps up more than an inch or so, it's probably too big. Watching a woman get into her suit is just too hysterical. At my last meet, one woman went into the handicapped stall to sit on the floor because she did not want to subject anyone to the torture of watching her get into it. lol The thighs and hips are torture! On another subject, I was recently told that suit spinners were terrible for your suits. Is that right? They don't seem to do anything to my endurance suits, but I was wondering. You have not fully experienced the college championship meet until you've been witness to the post-warm ups lockerroom festivities. You go in there with technical suit in hand and a towel. Every shower stall is occupied and if your a modest folk and like privacy for this event (which is really what it is, its own separate event or extension of warm-ups) you will need to wait for a stall to become free. To the unexperienced observer the sounds permeating from the lockerrooms at this time might be quite questionable. I'd say the first day or two of wearing my technical suits it takes me a good 10-15 minutes to get into a bodyskin. After those first few times though idk if its my own lack of patience or the fact that thats how much the suit stretches out over only a few uses the time it takes to get into the contraption goes down to about half the time. I wear a 28 fastskin--i wear 28 and 30s for practicing but, I feel that for the technical suits the 28 is sufficiently tight as I have very large legs and I have a wider body shape (hips) lol than a lot of girls. I probably could have gotten a 26 this last time around, because I am only 5'3 and I had some extra material on the ankles.
Children
No Data