Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Gross out locker room story. My old gym, fairly posh, had a big hottub in the ladies locker room. One woman repeatedly shaved her legs and picked off dead skin in the hottub. So gross!! I actually couldn't take it anymore, and complained to the front desk. Big sign posted banning shaving shortly thereafter. Who thinks that is somehow OK?!?! WOW! And I thought that the ol' throwing the leg up on the sink counter to shave while buck naked was a bit extreme... You know, in general I just avoid hot tubs at fitness centers. Or I'll sit on the side to chat and allow from the ankle bone down to actually be in the water. If I attempt to lower more of me into the water, I start having flashbacks to lifeguarding/pool management class and the discussions of bacteria growth in 105F water, the 1L of bodily fluids released into the water after about 5 min in the hot tub, and the thought of us 16 and 17 year-olds being in charge of the chemical balance...
  • Gross out locker room story. My old gym, fairly posh, had a big hottub in the ladies locker room. One woman repeatedly shaved her legs and picked off dead skin in the hottub. So gross!! I actually couldn't take it anymore, and complained to the front desk. Big sign posted banning shaving shortly thereafter. Who thinks that is somehow OK?!?! WOW! And I thought that the ol' throwing the leg up on the sink counter to shave while buck naked was a bit extreme... You know, in general I just avoid hot tubs at fitness centers. Or I'll sit on the side to chat and allow from the ankle bone down to actually be in the water. If I attempt to lower more of me into the water, I start having flashbacks to lifeguarding/pool management class and the discussions of bacteria growth in 105F water, the 1L of bodily fluids released into the water after about 5 min in the hot tub, and the thought of us 16 and 17 year-olds being in charge of the chemical balance...
Children
No Data