Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • For me the worst is the hair. Nasty!! The pool I'm in now has some serious cleaning issues and I'm always getting attacked in the pool, across the face with a hair or 2. Then there is the locker room. :cry: For that time of the month, I still swim but I never get heavy any more:D I use Nuva Ring and, despite spotting a lot, I only have a flow every 3 months. It's great. And a light flow, at that. I wish I could use an IUD but can't with fibroid issues. As for the heavy days, I find that my body bleeds less during swimming than out of the water so it doesn't stop me. If I'm really heavy, then I use a heavier tampon. Ah, what a topic.... Alison
  • For me the worst is the hair. Nasty!! The pool I'm in now has some serious cleaning issues and I'm always getting attacked in the pool, across the face with a hair or 2. Then there is the locker room. :cry: For that time of the month, I still swim but I never get heavy any more:D I use Nuva Ring and, despite spotting a lot, I only have a flow every 3 months. It's great. And a light flow, at that. I wish I could use an IUD but can't with fibroid issues. As for the heavy days, I find that my body bleeds less during swimming than out of the water so it doesn't stop me. If I'm really heavy, then I use a heavier tampon. Ah, what a topic.... Alison
Children
No Data