Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I have graphic questions! I feel like an awkward teen asking this, but I never swam as a kid or teen, so I missed the Talk that you all must have been given. When I started swimming at 37, I was to embarassed to ask my male instructor. So here goes: Obviously you can swim on your period, but do you swim even through the heaviest part? Aren't there leakage issues with all that water sluicing around? Do you wear dark suits just in case? I have been too nervous to swim when bleeding from the wise wound (to put a positive spin on it) but I'm sure it would make me feel better. I just don't want to do anything unsanitary out of ignorance. Someone guide me. Pretend I'm 12. Oh, and Fort and other perimenopausal ladies, I have found a very helpful book called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Perimenopause" by Dr. John Lee, which is very informative. I followed his protocol for using USP Progesterone cream and had a great reduction in my symptoms. It is an OTC preparation. If you are troubled by symptoms and like me don't want to do heavy synthetic hormones, it is worth checking out. Willow
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I have graphic questions! I feel like an awkward teen asking this, but I never swam as a kid or teen, so I missed the Talk that you all must have been given. When I started swimming at 37, I was to embarassed to ask my male instructor. So here goes: Obviously you can swim on your period, but do you swim even through the heaviest part? Aren't there leakage issues with all that water sluicing around? Do you wear dark suits just in case? I have been too nervous to swim when bleeding from the wise wound (to put a positive spin on it) but I'm sure it would make me feel better. I just don't want to do anything unsanitary out of ignorance. Someone guide me. Pretend I'm 12. Oh, and Fort and other perimenopausal ladies, I have found a very helpful book called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Perimenopause" by Dr. John Lee, which is very informative. I followed his protocol for using USP Progesterone cream and had a great reduction in my symptoms. It is an OTC preparation. If you are troubled by symptoms and like me don't want to do heavy synthetic hormones, it is worth checking out. Willow
Children
No Data