Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • I used to get THE most horrendous cramps/nausea after a race during AF. I'd be ok until about 5 minutes after a race and then the pain would hit with a vengeance to the point I thought I'd throw up. It would eventually subside about 20 minutes later. It was really weird, but I knew a few other people it would happen to. It was horrible. :( I haven't swam a meet with AF in years and I think I would just skip the meet completely at this age. Unfortunately, I can't be on the pill since I have a clotting disorder. :bitching: Swam my last 2 zones meet in the PMS stage. Intense sleep deprivation. Argh. But it would much worse during than before. I had actually contemplating canceling my travel plans. Not sure it makes sense to spend money to swim slow ... What about black cohash or isoflavins? (S)he-Man was telling me about the latter. Katie: Yes, it's beverage night. I'm having a GNO. Just put the hubby and youngest on a plane. Whoopeee. I'm sleeping in tomorrow too. Assuming I can actually sleep, that is. I aspire to sleep in!
  • I used to get THE most horrendous cramps/nausea after a race during AF. I'd be ok until about 5 minutes after a race and then the pain would hit with a vengeance to the point I thought I'd throw up. It would eventually subside about 20 minutes later. It was really weird, but I knew a few other people it would happen to. It was horrible. :( I haven't swam a meet with AF in years and I think I would just skip the meet completely at this age. Unfortunately, I can't be on the pill since I have a clotting disorder. :bitching: Swam my last 2 zones meet in the PMS stage. Intense sleep deprivation. Argh. But it would much worse during than before. I had actually contemplating canceling my travel plans. Not sure it makes sense to spend money to swim slow ... What about black cohash or isoflavins? (S)he-Man was telling me about the latter. Katie: Yes, it's beverage night. I'm having a GNO. Just put the hubby and youngest on a plane. Whoopeee. I'm sleeping in tomorrow too. Assuming I can actually sleep, that is. I aspire to sleep in!
Children
No Data