Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Good point. No 41 year old women would ever do something like, say, smoke cigarettes. I thought someone might try and take those comments out of context. We're talking about a conscientious athlete here, someone that measures her life by the most minute details. We're talking about Dara Torres, an incredible athlete. Caring about your sport is one thing, but how can a person spend their whole life training, being healthy, just to ignore the risks of substance abuse? As an athlete you care about your body, and your long-term health.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Good point. No 41 year old women would ever do something like, say, smoke cigarettes. I thought someone might try and take those comments out of context. We're talking about a conscientious athlete here, someone that measures her life by the most minute details. We're talking about Dara Torres, an incredible athlete. Caring about your sport is one thing, but how can a person spend their whole life training, being healthy, just to ignore the risks of substance abuse? As an athlete you care about your body, and your long-term health.
Children
No Data