Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Are we back to this loophole quagmire? Why not give the girl some credit, she's training appropriately for her events. The point is that a negative test means nothing. I posted an article from the Sporting News (August 19,2002) on another thread. The author lists the following possibilities when a test is negative: 1) The athlete doesn't use steroids. 2) He uses steroids daily but with a masking agent. 3) He uses steroids, but all traces are flushed out of his system within two or three days. 4) He uses a steroid recipe fashioned by a designer famous for undetectable potions. 5) He used steroids as training aids two years ago, bulked up, kept buff with madman workouts and now needs a juice refill only every January. 6) He uses human growth hormone, or insulin-like growth factor I. These replicate steroid enhancement, but no test exists for them.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Are we back to this loophole quagmire? Why not give the girl some credit, she's training appropriately for her events. The point is that a negative test means nothing. I posted an article from the Sporting News (August 19,2002) on another thread. The author lists the following possibilities when a test is negative: 1) The athlete doesn't use steroids. 2) He uses steroids daily but with a masking agent. 3) He uses steroids, but all traces are flushed out of his system within two or three days. 4) He uses a steroid recipe fashioned by a designer famous for undetectable potions. 5) He used steroids as training aids two years ago, bulked up, kept buff with madman workouts and now needs a juice refill only every January. 6) He uses human growth hormone, or insulin-like growth factor I. These replicate steroid enhancement, but no test exists for them.
Children
No Data