Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Hi Paul, Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I train on my own with another swimmer who can't make the early morning team workouts. And although this might seem like a disadvantage, it does give us the flexibility and opportunity to set up more of a performance based schedule as you described. In fact, our workouts are much more challenging. When I did swim with the group, the workouts became predictable, with no real emphasis on period~ization. It was just month after month of the same routine. Maybe most masters group are set up to cater to the group as a whole. Not everyone in our masters group competes, and the workouts seem as if they're geared towards the fitness swimmer rather than the competitor. I guess it really all depends on which club you belong to. Since the season is relatively young, I'm going to take your words of wisdom along with my three months of base training and try something new! Thank you again for taking time to share your thoughts.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Hi Paul, Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I train on my own with another swimmer who can't make the early morning team workouts. And although this might seem like a disadvantage, it does give us the flexibility and opportunity to set up more of a performance based schedule as you described. In fact, our workouts are much more challenging. When I did swim with the group, the workouts became predictable, with no real emphasis on period~ization. It was just month after month of the same routine. Maybe most masters group are set up to cater to the group as a whole. Not everyone in our masters group competes, and the workouts seem as if they're geared towards the fitness swimmer rather than the competitor. I guess it really all depends on which club you belong to. Since the season is relatively young, I'm going to take your words of wisdom along with my three months of base training and try something new! Thank you again for taking time to share your thoughts.
Children
No Data