Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I think the strongest (circumstantial) argument against Dara doping is that she would likely to have been doing so while pregnant. I can't imagine any woman conciously endangering the health of her yet-to-be-born child that way. Skip Montanaro Women drink and smoke while they are pregnant and some don't think twice about it. I've heard a woman actually brag that she drank at least two beers a day while she was pregnant. She further bragged that she was drunk when her water broke. Motherhood and pregnancy is not an instant denotationof sainthood. If Torres is doing anything illegal, I'm sure it is well hidden. If she is doing anything illegal, any mechanism developed to detect illegality will not indicate a positive result.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I think the strongest (circumstantial) argument against Dara doping is that she would likely to have been doing so while pregnant. I can't imagine any woman conciously endangering the health of her yet-to-be-born child that way. Skip Montanaro Women drink and smoke while they are pregnant and some don't think twice about it. I've heard a woman actually brag that she drank at least two beers a day while she was pregnant. She further bragged that she was drunk when her water broke. Motherhood and pregnancy is not an instant denotationof sainthood. If Torres is doing anything illegal, I'm sure it is well hidden. If she is doing anything illegal, any mechanism developed to detect illegality will not indicate a positive result.
Children
No Data