Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Dear Mr Goodsmith, I find it interesting reading your above quote. I over heard you telling your 14 year old at a meet 12 days ago, "take two sips of coffee before your race." I know that is not cheating, but isn't baby steps toward other enhancing drugs? I recall the reply of your child, "I don't want to. I want to do it on my own." It is remarkable your children can decifer your 'good' and 'evil' advice. Comparing other sports to swimming such as cycling and baseball is ridiculous. One of the may reasons for doping in the tour de france or alleged Barry Bonds doping is the money. There is a lot of money thrown at those athletes to win and break records. What type of compensation does a swimmer get for winning Nationals? Swimmingly yours, Evan This is ridiculous! So what? I see parents shoving gatorade, sugar loaded coke, chocolate, energy bars, red bull, gu gels and pasta dinners at their kids all the time. Two sips of caffeine is hardly a step on the road to illegal supplements! Get a grip, tattletale. Many 14 years olds drink caffeinated soda or energy drinks all the time. As for the money point, we long ago moved on to attributing cheating in swimming to ego ... Read the posts.
  • Dear Mr Goodsmith, I find it interesting reading your above quote. I over heard you telling your 14 year old at a meet 12 days ago, "take two sips of coffee before your race." I know that is not cheating, but isn't baby steps toward other enhancing drugs? I recall the reply of your child, "I don't want to. I want to do it on my own." It is remarkable your children can decifer your 'good' and 'evil' advice. Comparing other sports to swimming such as cycling and baseball is ridiculous. One of the may reasons for doping in the tour de france or alleged Barry Bonds doping is the money. There is a lot of money thrown at those athletes to win and break records. What type of compensation does a swimmer get for winning Nationals? Swimmingly yours, Evan This is ridiculous! So what? I see parents shoving gatorade, sugar loaded coke, chocolate, energy bars, red bull, gu gels and pasta dinners at their kids all the time. Two sips of caffeine is hardly a step on the road to illegal supplements! Get a grip, tattletale. Many 14 years olds drink caffeinated soda or energy drinks all the time. As for the money point, we long ago moved on to attributing cheating in swimming to ego ... Read the posts.
Children
No Data