Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Should we really compare Dara to Angel Martino? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Martino test positive for testosterone and was kicked off the 1988 Olympic team? If I remember correctly, she blamed it on her birth-control pills. Cripe! To pull a blue muppet, DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an authority on this subject, and I know a lot of women use these for regulatory purposes too, but were I to be a female with a shot at the olympics, any pre-games :banana: hubba:kiss1: hubba:banana: would be out the window. I'd want no chance at taking that risk. No forbidden dance & no pills, or no olympics. I'd take the former. That's just me. (i'll probably be sorry for barging in on this feminine topic later)
  • Should we really compare Dara to Angel Martino? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Martino test positive for testosterone and was kicked off the 1988 Olympic team? If I remember correctly, she blamed it on her birth-control pills. Cripe! To pull a blue muppet, DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an authority on this subject, and I know a lot of women use these for regulatory purposes too, but were I to be a female with a shot at the olympics, any pre-games :banana: hubba:kiss1: hubba:banana: would be out the window. I'd want no chance at taking that risk. No forbidden dance & no pills, or no olympics. I'd take the former. That's just me. (i'll probably be sorry for barging in on this feminine topic later)
Children
No Data