Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • It has been rumored that the East German swimmers were impregnated and hit the abort button (i found several similar stories with a web search: www.snopes.com/.../doping.htm) in order that they may achieve gains brought about by natural increases of hormones. There remains the lack evidence to concretely depict the full scenerio back then and to prove or disprove its effectiveness. However, the fact that pregnancy seems to provide women with a natural hormone enhancement beneficial to athletes seems to be well documented. It appears that our beloved DT was able to channel her energy during pregnancy to rebuild her swimming self and subsequently post-birth perform at the top of her game - and after that 50, at the top of THE game.
  • It has been rumored that the East German swimmers were impregnated and hit the abort button (i found several similar stories with a web search: www.snopes.com/.../doping.htm) in order that they may achieve gains brought about by natural increases of hormones. There remains the lack evidence to concretely depict the full scenerio back then and to prove or disprove its effectiveness. However, the fact that pregnancy seems to provide women with a natural hormone enhancement beneficial to athletes seems to be well documented. It appears that our beloved DT was able to channel her energy during pregnancy to rebuild her swimming self and subsequently post-birth perform at the top of her game - and after that 50, at the top of THE game.
Children
No Data