Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Me too. Many of today's elite masters swimmers are proof that age isn't slowing them down one bit. (Maybe having kids will?) In Dara's case no. :agree: Johnny Weissmuller went a 48 point 100 yd free when he was like 36 years old...without heavy training. Same times as his early 20's. (He was quoted as saying that staying lean and limber was his secret.) Rubbish! All that swinging from the vines, and wrestling lions and crocodiles was heavy training ! :rofl:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Me too. Many of today's elite masters swimmers are proof that age isn't slowing them down one bit. (Maybe having kids will?) In Dara's case no. :agree: Johnny Weissmuller went a 48 point 100 yd free when he was like 36 years old...without heavy training. Same times as his early 20's. (He was quoted as saying that staying lean and limber was his secret.) Rubbish! All that swinging from the vines, and wrestling lions and crocodiles was heavy training ! :rofl:
Children
No Data