Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • For me the talent is better because he has the most impressive Olympic performance (in any and all sports) ever. Seven gold medals in a single Olympics, we've been mesmerized by that for 35 years now. It is still the ultimate Olympics achievement. Michael Johnson was awesome in 1996 but still not Spitz awesome. Smith - good post and humorous, a double whammy. I understand what he accomplished, but even he admits that he couldn't do it now because the level of competition is so much higher, the pressure is higher, etc. He thinks Phelps is a lot more talented. The women's sprints are deep and very fast. I don't think you can compare them. Again 20 year Olympic lay off!!
  • For me the talent is better because he has the most impressive Olympic performance (in any and all sports) ever. Seven gold medals in a single Olympics, we've been mesmerized by that for 35 years now. It is still the ultimate Olympics achievement. Michael Johnson was awesome in 1996 but still not Spitz awesome. Smith - good post and humorous, a double whammy. I understand what he accomplished, but even he admits that he couldn't do it now because the level of competition is so much higher, the pressure is higher, etc. He thinks Phelps is a lot more talented. The women's sprints are deep and very fast. I don't think you can compare them. Again 20 year Olympic lay off!!
Children
No Data