Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Mr. Goodsmith: My point was that you and Rich are going pretty fast as Masters swimmers. But you guys were fast to begin with as NCAA Division I swimmers. Do you really think that Dara is on performance enhancing drugs? Because of what she did last night, you don't believe its possible that with the talent, changes in her technique, years of swimming experience, improved dryland and strength training, and an improved mental focus that its not possible to swim that fast? The reason I brought up your swimming is that you have said on this website or hinted that you do not train like you did back in the Univ. of Texas days. If you had the time and desire to do that how much faster would you go? I am willing to bet that even when Dara was not swimming she had a very serious dryland program with that Tai Boe stuff when she was working with Billy Blanks. With that kinda of exercise regime she had in retirement from swimming helped her sprinting capability and that could be one of the reasons why she is swimming faster. That maybe conventional training did work for her similar to what Gary Hall Jr. has said of himself and how with the Race Club type workouts he has been more successful for him and others and that is why he won the gold in the 50 Free in 2004. I suggest you read Mr. Busfield's accusations that are linked. He has accused Dara of taking performance enhancing drugs with out a single bit of proof. He cannot accept that her performances were done legitmately and that she should be banned from swimming based soley on the available circumstantial evidence. If you have not read those threads go and read them and comment on what you think. I have found so many inaccuracies from those 3 links that I could be hear the next 2 hours explaining them. AquaGeek, tell me what you think of those 3 linked stories and do you believe Mr Busfield has any creditability with his accusations? That its impossible to swim that fast as a 40 year old and that all of the circumstantial evidence points to the fact that Dara Torres is a cheater. I wonder what would have happened if Rowdy Gaines would have made the 1988 Olympic team in the 100 Free? People don't realize how close he came to making it and he trained about 10% of what he did for the 1980 and 1984 Olympics. He was 35 at the time but can't people believe that he had outstanding talent just like Dara has and this is a possibility.
  • Mr. Goodsmith: My point was that you and Rich are going pretty fast as Masters swimmers. But you guys were fast to begin with as NCAA Division I swimmers. Do you really think that Dara is on performance enhancing drugs? Because of what she did last night, you don't believe its possible that with the talent, changes in her technique, years of swimming experience, improved dryland and strength training, and an improved mental focus that its not possible to swim that fast? The reason I brought up your swimming is that you have said on this website or hinted that you do not train like you did back in the Univ. of Texas days. If you had the time and desire to do that how much faster would you go? I am willing to bet that even when Dara was not swimming she had a very serious dryland program with that Tai Boe stuff when she was working with Billy Blanks. With that kinda of exercise regime she had in retirement from swimming helped her sprinting capability and that could be one of the reasons why she is swimming faster. That maybe conventional training did work for her similar to what Gary Hall Jr. has said of himself and how with the Race Club type workouts he has been more successful for him and others and that is why he won the gold in the 50 Free in 2004. I suggest you read Mr. Busfield's accusations that are linked. He has accused Dara of taking performance enhancing drugs with out a single bit of proof. He cannot accept that her performances were done legitmately and that she should be banned from swimming based soley on the available circumstantial evidence. If you have not read those threads go and read them and comment on what you think. I have found so many inaccuracies from those 3 links that I could be hear the next 2 hours explaining them. AquaGeek, tell me what you think of those 3 linked stories and do you believe Mr Busfield has any creditability with his accusations? That its impossible to swim that fast as a 40 year old and that all of the circumstantial evidence points to the fact that Dara Torres is a cheater. I wonder what would have happened if Rowdy Gaines would have made the 1988 Olympic team in the 100 Free? People don't realize how close he came to making it and he trained about 10% of what he did for the 1980 and 1984 Olympics. He was 35 at the time but can't people believe that he had outstanding talent just like Dara has and this is a possibility.
Children
No Data