Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Careful Kirk..... take a look at Rich's pedigree in the sport. He was as good or better than Dara in his day. Rich is a good comparison for Dara. They both made free relays on the Olympic team in their day. Rich is the "real" thing and he was a multilple national team qualifier. Rich is legit, no question, but I just don't think his pedigree in the sport is quite up to Dara's level. Also keep in mind the 50 was usually Dara's forte and that wasn't contested at the Olympics until 1988. I think I posted this once before, but here's a link to the results of the 1984 Trials. You might recognize the person in the photo on the second page! www.usaswimming.org/.../84_otrials.pdf
  • Careful Kirk..... take a look at Rich's pedigree in the sport. He was as good or better than Dara in his day. Rich is a good comparison for Dara. They both made free relays on the Olympic team in their day. Rich is the "real" thing and he was a multilple national team qualifier. Rich is legit, no question, but I just don't think his pedigree in the sport is quite up to Dara's level. Also keep in mind the 50 was usually Dara's forte and that wasn't contested at the Olympics until 1988. I think I posted this once before, but here's a link to the results of the 1984 Trials. You might recognize the person in the photo on the second page! www.usaswimming.org/.../84_otrials.pdf
Children
No Data