Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • In a way you've almost come to Smith's defense (despicable as that may be) as you have pretty much proven it is downright hard to compete with the 20 something elites in your 40s. However John Smith and Rich Saeger are not (I assume) swimming full-time as Dara is. What could they do if they quit working and focused on swimming full-time? I don't think they could do what Dara has done, but then again, as talented as they are, they are not Dara Torres. Sure, let's see what the tests have to say and give the test to all of the final 8 swimmers in the finals. Why not? Quite simply because failing a lie-detector test does not prove you used illegal drugs. I think the only proof you used drugs is to find those drugs in your urine or blood.
  • In a way you've almost come to Smith's defense (despicable as that may be) as you have pretty much proven it is downright hard to compete with the 20 something elites in your 40s. However John Smith and Rich Saeger are not (I assume) swimming full-time as Dara is. What could they do if they quit working and focused on swimming full-time? I don't think they could do what Dara has done, but then again, as talented as they are, they are not Dara Torres. Sure, let's see what the tests have to say and give the test to all of the final 8 swimmers in the finals. Why not? Quite simply because failing a lie-detector test does not prove you used illegal drugs. I think the only proof you used drugs is to find those drugs in your urine or blood.
Children
No Data