Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • I just assumed that similar to cycling, they do catch people using these substances. However, there is most likely some truth to your suggestion. Well, given what I've read about how careful Michael Phelps is about even accidental ingestion of some vitamin, you're probably right. If using drugs systematically, a swimmer would eventually get caught. I'm not sure, as a masters swimmer for awhile, how much Dara would have been tested. I don't mean to cast any aspersions. I really have no idea whatsoever. She is obviously a talented, athletic phenom. I'm only saying that I can understand why people are cynical. There have been rumblings for awhile. No doubt Dara is prepared for the public suspicion -- just like Amanda Beard was prepared for the Playboy fallout. Tracy: I know you love Barry Bonds, but did you miss the Balco investigation? I agree with Sally Jenkins -- he should sit down.
  • I just assumed that similar to cycling, they do catch people using these substances. However, there is most likely some truth to your suggestion. Well, given what I've read about how careful Michael Phelps is about even accidental ingestion of some vitamin, you're probably right. If using drugs systematically, a swimmer would eventually get caught. I'm not sure, as a masters swimmer for awhile, how much Dara would have been tested. I don't mean to cast any aspersions. I really have no idea whatsoever. She is obviously a talented, athletic phenom. I'm only saying that I can understand why people are cynical. There have been rumblings for awhile. No doubt Dara is prepared for the public suspicion -- just like Amanda Beard was prepared for the Playboy fallout. Tracy: I know you love Barry Bonds, but did you miss the Balco investigation? I agree with Sally Jenkins -- he should sit down.
Children
No Data