Small people (like me) who should not be forgotten

Former Member
Former Member
Well, I swam for Glendora High School. and in college, and it has been a major, formative factor in my life. Many of the people who helped me are not recognized, and certainly not on the internet. I want to name them now, not only to thank them, but also so that they can be found by future people who search. My freshman "big brother" was Thane Hinman. Thane, I looked dup to you as a God yet you treated me as an equal and taught me the ropes. Thank you. The upperclassmen who tolerated me, taught me, and showed me the way included Dave Wiley, Tim Ferguson, Jim Merrick, Tim Riley, Bob South, Tony Otting, Dave Rybeck, Dave Doleman, Eric Heinman, Jim Voscov (whose father invented the poolside heater, loaned them to us, and I hope was rewarded for it =), Jack Davisson, and others whose names I have forgotten but whose help I will never forget. And then there were my contemporaries: John Lambert, Tony Price, Ray Reeves, Dave Palusak, Rick Worden, Dan Ferrari, Craig Dietrich, Ray Crosno, and others (if you know who they --- or you! --- are, please add there names here!) This is an all-male list, a sign of the times. Olympian Sharron Stouder was a classmate, but we didn't have a girls team in those days (not that she would have had time to participate =) and there were others, stars with the Glendora Ducks, who in another era would have earned GHS Letters =) Just for the record. Mike
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Maybe we should tell him that while he is still alive. CIF Varsity Relay Champs, 1964. top row mike ferrari, doug sanders, john lambert next row asst coach ron balletorre, larry merrick, dave wiley, tony price, dave doleman, tim riley next row ray crosno, bill currier, ed heinrich, randy greenfield, coach E. Kane Waggoner
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Maybe we should tell him that while he is still alive. CIF Varsity Relay Champs, 1964. top row mike ferrari, doug sanders, john lambert next row asst coach ron balletorre, larry merrick, dave wiley, tony price, dave doleman, tim riley next row ray crosno, bill currier, ed heinrich, randy greenfield, coach E. Kane Waggoner
Children
No Data