Jaw Pain

Former Member
Former Member
Last night after my workout, I noticed that I had done something to my jaw during my swim and it really hurt to bite down. Fortunately, I had a dentist appt. this a.m. and the dentist said that my jaw was not dislocated, but he felt it might be a soft tissue matter and the muscle was inflamed. Has this ever happened to anyone?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Yes, it is painful to grit my teeth in the same spot. Yes, I am a regular gum chewer. :rolleyes: I will also add that I had no pain at all until after my workout. Ok in my unprofessional medical opinion, you've just exerted yourself a bit. The mix of swimming and gritting teeth probably means you were transferring a fair bit of tension into the jaw. Ease off on the gum for a day or two, and I'd go with ice and heat finishing with ice. Good thought about the ear thing...monitor that and see a doc if the pain doesn't ease in a day or so. ;) Oh..and don't snap your gum! LOL
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Yes, it is painful to grit my teeth in the same spot. Yes, I am a regular gum chewer. :rolleyes: I will also add that I had no pain at all until after my workout. Ok in my unprofessional medical opinion, you've just exerted yourself a bit. The mix of swimming and gritting teeth probably means you were transferring a fair bit of tension into the jaw. Ease off on the gum for a day or two, and I'd go with ice and heat finishing with ice. Good thought about the ear thing...monitor that and see a doc if the pain doesn't ease in a day or so. ;) Oh..and don't snap your gum! LOL
Children
No Data