Jaw Pain

Former Member
Former Member
Last night after my workout, I noticed that I had done something to my jaw during my swim and it really hurt to bite down. Fortunately, I had a dentist appt. this a.m. and the dentist said that my jaw was not dislocated, but he felt it might be a soft tissue matter and the muscle was inflamed. Has this ever happened to anyone?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Sounds to me like you were tense and it manifested in your jaw. Try some heat to relax it. Yes, I will, the dentist recommended moist heat. I'm so lucky to never have had any athletic type injury other than sore muscles, so treatment of any muscles strain, sprains, etc. is completely foreign to me. That being said, assuming it is just a muscle strain, is moist heat the way to go?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Sounds to me like you were tense and it manifested in your jaw. Try some heat to relax it. Yes, I will, the dentist recommended moist heat. I'm so lucky to never have had any athletic type injury other than sore muscles, so treatment of any muscles strain, sprains, etc. is completely foreign to me. That being said, assuming it is just a muscle strain, is moist heat the way to go?
Children
No Data