"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Anyone have a breakthrough last year? Anyone working on a BREAKTHROUGH this year? What are your goals? What are your plans? Tell us about it Since you asked... Last year's breakthrough was merely the fact that I rejoined the ranks of competition and still placed top 40 in my USA-S state meet at age 32 :) This years goal: or maybe its this month's goal is to go under 23.0 in the 50 scy free without a taper or shave, and anywhere in the 50.xx range for the 100. Both should be in the bag but I think it more depends on having flawless races than getting faster. The speed is there with some to spare. Ultimately for the year, tapered, I'd love to see a mid 22 for the 50y free , any 49 in the 100, and under 24 in the 50 fly. I think all 3 of these are realistic without too many changes to my 7000m/week lunchtime training regimen. This year's plan: Change over and become comfortable with a track start. I've wasted too many races on slow reaction with the grab start. It's too hard to shift 260lbs forward on the drop of a hat and I think the track start will help. I'm also planning on dabbling in the 200 free again to change it up a bit, but one race may be enough to make me remember how much i hate that event ;)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Anyone have a breakthrough last year? Anyone working on a BREAKTHROUGH this year? What are your goals? What are your plans? Tell us about it Since you asked... Last year's breakthrough was merely the fact that I rejoined the ranks of competition and still placed top 40 in my USA-S state meet at age 32 :) This years goal: or maybe its this month's goal is to go under 23.0 in the 50 scy free without a taper or shave, and anywhere in the 50.xx range for the 100. Both should be in the bag but I think it more depends on having flawless races than getting faster. The speed is there with some to spare. Ultimately for the year, tapered, I'd love to see a mid 22 for the 50y free , any 49 in the 100, and under 24 in the 50 fly. I think all 3 of these are realistic without too many changes to my 7000m/week lunchtime training regimen. This year's plan: Change over and become comfortable with a track start. I've wasted too many races on slow reaction with the grab start. It's too hard to shift 260lbs forward on the drop of a hat and I think the track start will help. I'm also planning on dabbling in the 200 free again to change it up a bit, but one race may be enough to make me remember how much i hate that event ;)
Children
No Data