"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Although everyone else here will roll their eyes ( :) ), I did 100 yds in under 2:00. That was one of my goals for the year. I can't say it's a breakthrough because I don't know how repeatable it is. But it gave me some hope. Way to Go, ViveBene! :applaud: That's awesome. Not everyone was fast from birth. I just started swimming last year and was thrilled the first practice I did actually as written on the intervals the coaches wanted. Enjoy each success along the way! My goal for this year's SCY season is to earn NQT's (my first ever) in 50 Free and 50 Fly (I'm about 2 sec away in each) - and the 100 Free would be awesome too (but not nearly as close as the 50 Free and Fly). My plan is to focus on my breathing patterns, as I've realized that I'm faster when I don't breathe with every stroke. However, I tend to like oxygen, so remembering to NOT breathe has been a challenge. Still, I'm working on it - and relaxing when I swim - and hopefully, the results will come through. My first meet is on January 30 (Ball State). Wish me luck!
  • Although everyone else here will roll their eyes ( :) ), I did 100 yds in under 2:00. That was one of my goals for the year. I can't say it's a breakthrough because I don't know how repeatable it is. But it gave me some hope. Way to Go, ViveBene! :applaud: That's awesome. Not everyone was fast from birth. I just started swimming last year and was thrilled the first practice I did actually as written on the intervals the coaches wanted. Enjoy each success along the way! My goal for this year's SCY season is to earn NQT's (my first ever) in 50 Free and 50 Fly (I'm about 2 sec away in each) - and the 100 Free would be awesome too (but not nearly as close as the 50 Free and Fly). My plan is to focus on my breathing patterns, as I've realized that I'm faster when I don't breathe with every stroke. However, I tend to like oxygen, so remembering to NOT breathe has been a challenge. Still, I'm working on it - and relaxing when I swim - and hopefully, the results will come through. My first meet is on January 30 (Ball State). Wish me luck!
Children
No Data