"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Today was our first day back in a cooler pool I still wouldn't call 82 cold but it is better than 86 any day. Since I swam alot of IM this morning in the hot pool I choose to do a quick 5x200 quality set that was still very lack luster, but better than what I was able to do at the other pool. Thanks for the advice. I am also taking this time away from the masters team to work on my kick. Trying to follow your advice on one of the other threads. Did a 4x25 from a push, no board, kicking on my side in :45, :40, :38, :38. I know my kick stinks but it will get better with more practice, especially since I never kick (till now). Thanks again.
  • Today was our first day back in a cooler pool I still wouldn't call 82 cold but it is better than 86 any day. Since I swam alot of IM this morning in the hot pool I choose to do a quick 5x200 quality set that was still very lack luster, but better than what I was able to do at the other pool. Thanks for the advice. I am also taking this time away from the masters team to work on my kick. Trying to follow your advice on one of the other threads. Did a 4x25 from a push, no board, kicking on my side in :45, :40, :38, :38. I know my kick stinks but it will get better with more practice, especially since I never kick (till now). Thanks again.
Children
No Data