"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Ande, I am looking for a breakthrough in my 400 and 1500 at Nationals. After a great 1650 at SCY Nationals in May I was hoping to do just as well if not better in The Woodlands. The problem I am running into is HOT POOL! I just can't seem to hold my pace any more. The pool we normally swim in is closed for the summer to replace bubble with a wooden roof. So for the summer we are in a neighborhood pool with 6 lanes and over 86 degrees. I can make about 2 or 3 100's on 1:30 (barely), where previously in 's on 1:30. Currently I am swimming 6 days a week between 4500-5000yards a day in the morning with the masters team. This week I have made arrangements with the kids team in town that is practicing at an indoor pool to join them for 2 days per week in the evenings. They have one extra lane that I can use. I was thinking about using that time to do pace sets like 100's and 200's and use the masters workouts for just easy yardage, stroke work, streamline, and SDK practice, but not overheat myself. Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to get my old pace back but feel like I can't move any more. Tomorrow will be my first day with the kids and I am hoping the colder water will make the difference. Thanks, Donna
  • Ande, I am looking for a breakthrough in my 400 and 1500 at Nationals. After a great 1650 at SCY Nationals in May I was hoping to do just as well if not better in The Woodlands. The problem I am running into is HOT POOL! I just can't seem to hold my pace any more. The pool we normally swim in is closed for the summer to replace bubble with a wooden roof. So for the summer we are in a neighborhood pool with 6 lanes and over 86 degrees. I can make about 2 or 3 100's on 1:30 (barely), where previously in 's on 1:30. Currently I am swimming 6 days a week between 4500-5000yards a day in the morning with the masters team. This week I have made arrangements with the kids team in town that is practicing at an indoor pool to join them for 2 days per week in the evenings. They have one extra lane that I can use. I was thinking about using that time to do pace sets like 100's and 200's and use the masters workouts for just easy yardage, stroke work, streamline, and SDK practice, but not overheat myself. Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to get my old pace back but feel like I can't move any more. Tomorrow will be my first day with the kids and I am hoping the colder water will make the difference. Thanks, Donna
Children
No Data