"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • I'm here to celebrate a breakthrough and ask a question. For the first time in about 10 years, my freestyle times have dropped significantly in the last 6 months. I have been swimming this whole time. The only changes are that I have been doing more feel-for-the-water types of drills and a bit more yardage and definitely more freestyle yardage (the past few years I have focused a lot on my 200 *** and 400 IM). Anyway, I actually dropped 30 seconds in my 800 this month compared to last year. Anyway, while I'm swimming faster, I have gained about 5 pounds. I don't know if I am just eating too much or if I could have somehow gained muscle, but I haven't been lifting with any regularity (bad I know). Has this happened to anyone else? Should I try to drop the weight? I was and still am in the normal range for my height. I just feel confused to be heavier and somehow faster and in better freestyle shape at the same time!
  • I'm here to celebrate a breakthrough and ask a question. For the first time in about 10 years, my freestyle times have dropped significantly in the last 6 months. I have been swimming this whole time. The only changes are that I have been doing more feel-for-the-water types of drills and a bit more yardage and definitely more freestyle yardage (the past few years I have focused a lot on my 200 *** and 400 IM). Anyway, I actually dropped 30 seconds in my 800 this month compared to last year. Anyway, while I'm swimming faster, I have gained about 5 pounds. I don't know if I am just eating too much or if I could have somehow gained muscle, but I haven't been lifting with any regularity (bad I know). Has this happened to anyone else? Should I try to drop the weight? I was and still am in the normal range for my height. I just feel confused to be heavier and somehow faster and in better freestyle shape at the same time!
Children
No Data