"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Thanks Ande and the rest of you for your comments. Since I swim alone without a coach or even a training partner, I need all the advice and feedback I can get from anyone I can get it from. Having started swimming just before I turned 50, I am relatively new to swimming and had no prior swimming background. I'm still learning things at 55 that most age group swimmers learned before they were 12 years old. You guys are my coaches. Again thanks! hey floyd, you asked "What do you think?" 50 free you got absolutely creamed on the start, streamline and break out It looks like you came up at lane 3's knees looked like you leisurely dove in to swim a 500 warm up you cranked up your stroke later but the race was over in the first 10 yards your turn was decent, your streamline/kick/break out off the turn was way better than off your start when you swim the 50 you need to be pissed off, tap your rage, rattle your cage, defend your life, make it a life or death situation save the life of someone you love get out of your head and into your gut flawlessly execute perfect technique get off the blocks fast and hard have a great entry and streamline tiny streamline glide then blast your legs, either free or SDK then break out swimming fast work on your Distance per stroke, you took 16 strokes on your first 25 and 21 on your 2nd 50 fly your start, streamline / breakout looked way better than your 50 free it doesn't look like you're kicking, your legs were barely moving, the folks beside you are making waves with their legs yours looked like you're pulling fly with straight legs
  • Thanks Ande and the rest of you for your comments. Since I swim alone without a coach or even a training partner, I need all the advice and feedback I can get from anyone I can get it from. Having started swimming just before I turned 50, I am relatively new to swimming and had no prior swimming background. I'm still learning things at 55 that most age group swimmers learned before they were 12 years old. You guys are my coaches. Again thanks! hey floyd, you asked "What do you think?" 50 free you got absolutely creamed on the start, streamline and break out It looks like you came up at lane 3's knees looked like you leisurely dove in to swim a 500 warm up you cranked up your stroke later but the race was over in the first 10 yards your turn was decent, your streamline/kick/break out off the turn was way better than off your start when you swim the 50 you need to be pissed off, tap your rage, rattle your cage, defend your life, make it a life or death situation save the life of someone you love get out of your head and into your gut flawlessly execute perfect technique get off the blocks fast and hard have a great entry and streamline tiny streamline glide then blast your legs, either free or SDK then break out swimming fast work on your Distance per stroke, you took 16 strokes on your first 25 and 21 on your 2nd 50 fly your start, streamline / breakout looked way better than your 50 free it doesn't look like you're kicking, your legs were barely moving, the folks beside you are making waves with their legs yours looked like you're pulling fly with straight legs
Children
No Data