"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    In my last time trials I did the following times: Female- age 45 50 free .30.24 - last time was .30.77 50 back .34.4 last time was .35.34 100 free 1.06.66 last time was 1.08.24 I put in about 3 days a week swim practice, swimming about 2400 yds each. 1 of these days is swimming a faster pace being coached, trying to get in 1 day weights With summer coming and pool times changing I'm think of going in the mornings, 2 days a week at the "Y" swimming 3000yds each. For on month I think I can get 1 more day swimming with a coach doing about 2400 yds. Then I go 3 days...at the "Y" 2 afternoons easy swim with my daughter (she'snot a completive swimmer) 1 day a week weights. With this type work out can I hope for a break though of a 27 in my 50.? Currently I figure mathematically - I would only be able to do a 1.04 in my 100 free ( 30.4 X 2 + 4 = 1.04.8) correct? With a break though of a 27 I could possible be looking at .58 in my 100 free???
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    In my last time trials I did the following times: Female- age 45 50 free .30.24 - last time was .30.77 50 back .34.4 last time was .35.34 100 free 1.06.66 last time was 1.08.24 I put in about 3 days a week swim practice, swimming about 2400 yds each. 1 of these days is swimming a faster pace being coached, trying to get in 1 day weights With summer coming and pool times changing I'm think of going in the mornings, 2 days a week at the "Y" swimming 3000yds each. For on month I think I can get 1 more day swimming with a coach doing about 2400 yds. Then I go 3 days...at the "Y" 2 afternoons easy swim with my daughter (she'snot a completive swimmer) 1 day a week weights. With this type work out can I hope for a break though of a 27 in my 50.? Currently I figure mathematically - I would only be able to do a 1.04 in my 100 free ( 30.4 X 2 + 4 = 1.04.8) correct? With a break though of a 27 I could possible be looking at .58 in my 100 free???
Children
No Data