"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    anyone have or working on a swimming breakthrough? ande Sort of Ande. I'm still training for first meet. I set a goal last night at 7 x 100 on 4:00 BR for part of my set. I in fact managed 9 (ultimate goal is 10 reps) Anyhow I did a 200, then started the reps of 100. First 100 was a good time, then I lost a second or two on the next three reps but held there. Then on the final 4 I improved again by 1 second and held it. On the 9th rep I got a cramp coming off of the final turn, and just coped my way to the end. My breakthrough was really that I hit a point on rep 5 where I felt that it would be really hard to get to 7, but on 6 felt much more comfortable with my swim and felt I could go on and surpass 7 reps which I did. I still felt worked out upon completion of the 100 and gasped a bit but my recovery really started to improve, which let my time improve a tic I guess. I tried my martial arts breathing to gain more control of my body and mind between reps. I would have done 10 but for the cramp. I do not like to push when I cramp--I stopped and hydrated. I then did some 50's, 25's and a 100 cool down. A decent swim. I feel pretty amped about it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    anyone have or working on a swimming breakthrough? ande Sort of Ande. I'm still training for first meet. I set a goal last night at 7 x 100 on 4:00 BR for part of my set. I in fact managed 9 (ultimate goal is 10 reps) Anyhow I did a 200, then started the reps of 100. First 100 was a good time, then I lost a second or two on the next three reps but held there. Then on the final 4 I improved again by 1 second and held it. On the 9th rep I got a cramp coming off of the final turn, and just coped my way to the end. My breakthrough was really that I hit a point on rep 5 where I felt that it would be really hard to get to 7, but on 6 felt much more comfortable with my swim and felt I could go on and surpass 7 reps which I did. I still felt worked out upon completion of the 100 and gasped a bit but my recovery really started to improve, which let my time improve a tic I guess. I tried my martial arts breathing to gain more control of my body and mind between reps. I would have done 10 but for the cramp. I do not like to push when I cramp--I stopped and hydrated. I then did some 50's, 25's and a 100 cool down. A decent swim. I feel pretty amped about it.
Children
No Data