"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Pertaining to Terry's comment that he was going to teach butterfly the modified version way to hundreds now because of comments, I say teach all strokes the way they are intended to be swum in today's competitive world. If a person needs a modified version, please give them that option. But all people in swimming need to know the most effective, most fast way of performing a certain stroke. And if they cannot perform it that way due to age, weight, injury, by all means let them know of the other way that is legal to perform it, so they can swim the stroke that intriques them and they can complete it. At my age, I would prefer a handicap lane using fins. And we all know this not legal. Earlier on I mentioned that lifting weight really helped me to have most of my swimming breakthroughs. Now that I am older, I do a drilll that I find very, very productive. Because I swim in the ocean and no pool, I can do this drill. 20 ez, 20 fast until failure. And the better shape I get in, of course I can do this longer. It really helps to build my stamina and lungs. We all have one or two of those things we do that best helps our own bodies to perform better. Donna
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Pertaining to Terry's comment that he was going to teach butterfly the modified version way to hundreds now because of comments, I say teach all strokes the way they are intended to be swum in today's competitive world. If a person needs a modified version, please give them that option. But all people in swimming need to know the most effective, most fast way of performing a certain stroke. And if they cannot perform it that way due to age, weight, injury, by all means let them know of the other way that is legal to perform it, so they can swim the stroke that intriques them and they can complete it. At my age, I would prefer a handicap lane using fins. And we all know this not legal. Earlier on I mentioned that lifting weight really helped me to have most of my swimming breakthroughs. Now that I am older, I do a drilll that I find very, very productive. Because I swim in the ocean and no pool, I can do this drill. 20 ez, 20 fast until failure. And the better shape I get in, of course I can do this longer. It really helps to build my stamina and lungs. We all have one or two of those things we do that best helps our own bodies to perform better. Donna
Children
No Data