"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Do you swim on a team with older swimmers? Have you competed in many masters meets with older swimmers? Just curious as to why you have this attitude that it is a cop out. I'd rather have them "cop out" than not participate. No, you're right. And I did say if you are really old and cannot physically do the stroke, I can see the point. But that isn't what Terry was saying. Terry can do it. He just thinks the other way is easier. (And yes, the older folks on my team swim fly with the dolphin kick. It may not be fast or easy, but they do a great job.)
  • Do you swim on a team with older swimmers? Have you competed in many masters meets with older swimmers? Just curious as to why you have this attitude that it is a cop out. I'd rather have them "cop out" than not participate. No, you're right. And I did say if you are really old and cannot physically do the stroke, I can see the point. But that isn't what Terry was saying. Terry can do it. He just thinks the other way is easier. (And yes, the older folks on my team swim fly with the dolphin kick. It may not be fast or easy, but they do a great job.)
Children
No Data