"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • I appreciate all of your reading up and experiences with swimming, but I would not, had I been you, told someone to read or revisit the history of Swimming 101. That is not a good way to preface knowledge if you are trying to get someone to listen.... So, does anyone have things they have done to help them break that "barrier?" Yeah, Donna, I did a few things. First, I read Swimming 101 and TI swimming. Then, I got back in the water after a long layoff. Then I had a good TI-type coach. Then I did a lot of drills to improve technique. Then I joined a good team with fast swimmers. Then I started lifting more weights. Then I swam in more meets. Then I practiced starts more. After a year of this, I thought I did OK for a mom of 3. Now, I haven't tried the breaststroke kick on the fly. And I need to sprint more and train more. So right now, after I get this project for work done, I'm going to focus on the "more." (Except for running, that I need to do less.) Also, I think Terry's comment wasn't nearly as iffy as a couple of your previous ones in which you prefaced your remarks with "yeh, I know. I went to the Olympics" or saying the "50 back wasn't much of an accomplishment." Terry was just clarifying the historical record.
  • I appreciate all of your reading up and experiences with swimming, but I would not, had I been you, told someone to read or revisit the history of Swimming 101. That is not a good way to preface knowledge if you are trying to get someone to listen.... So, does anyone have things they have done to help them break that "barrier?" Yeah, Donna, I did a few things. First, I read Swimming 101 and TI swimming. Then, I got back in the water after a long layoff. Then I had a good TI-type coach. Then I did a lot of drills to improve technique. Then I joined a good team with fast swimmers. Then I started lifting more weights. Then I swam in more meets. Then I practiced starts more. After a year of this, I thought I did OK for a mom of 3. Now, I haven't tried the breaststroke kick on the fly. And I need to sprint more and train more. So right now, after I get this project for work done, I'm going to focus on the "more." (Except for running, that I need to do less.) Also, I think Terry's comment wasn't nearly as iffy as a couple of your previous ones in which you prefaced your remarks with "yeh, I know. I went to the Olympics" or saying the "50 back wasn't much of an accomplishment." Terry was just clarifying the historical record.
Children
No Data