Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Yikes, Fort, sounds like some parents with some hardcore need for parenting 101. Hopefully the kids turn out ok. And hopefully someone will put those parents in their place soon. Apparently they didn't get the message from their original team's coaches. I'd like to think that when I am in that place in life (parent), I'd still have the stones to be blunt and bring that family back down to earth.
  • Yikes, Fort, sounds like some parents with some hardcore need for parenting 101. Hopefully the kids turn out ok. And hopefully someone will put those parents in their place soon. Apparently they didn't get the message from their original team's coaches. I'd like to think that when I am in that place in life (parent), I'd still have the stones to be blunt and bring that family back down to earth.
Children
No Data