Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Dorothy: Just remember, your time is coming! I haven't much doing much lately either. I am going to get my doors blown off at practice tonight. P.S. The meet director accepted my daughter's entries late so now I can get up at the crack of dawn, miss all my own practices, go to her meet and do other assorted kid sports stuff. I'm glad the entry problem got fixed. And I'm sure you will enjoy it just like I will enjoy next week-end when we go to the Thanksgiving Invit. in Boise Idaho (about 4 hr drive). 2 sessions each day with 12&u in the am and the older swimmers in the afternoon. I will get up an hour earlier than I'm used to, work the 1st session as starter, then swim the afternoon session. Fun! Fun! Fun!
  • Dorothy: Just remember, your time is coming! I haven't much doing much lately either. I am going to get my doors blown off at practice tonight. P.S. The meet director accepted my daughter's entries late so now I can get up at the crack of dawn, miss all my own practices, go to her meet and do other assorted kid sports stuff. I'm glad the entry problem got fixed. And I'm sure you will enjoy it just like I will enjoy next week-end when we go to the Thanksgiving Invit. in Boise Idaho (about 4 hr drive). 2 sessions each day with 12&u in the am and the older swimmers in the afternoon. I will get up an hour earlier than I'm used to, work the 1st session as starter, then swim the afternoon session. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Children
No Data