Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Dorothy: Thanks. I did talk to the coach and he is contacting the meet director. The team does ask for meet entries early. And I tried to bring the problem to their attention early. Hopefully, it can get fixed, but today is the deadline for "correcting" entry errors and it may have just fallen through the cracks. I'm sure coaches get all kinds of crap from parents, so I really try hard not to be "overbearing." P.S. I have never gotten a meet entry in late!! P.S.S. You sure are a busy person!
  • Dorothy: Thanks. I did talk to the coach and he is contacting the meet director. The team does ask for meet entries early. And I tried to bring the problem to their attention early. Hopefully, it can get fixed, but today is the deadline for "correcting" entry errors and it may have just fallen through the cracks. I'm sure coaches get all kinds of crap from parents, so I really try hard not to be "overbearing." P.S. I have never gotten a meet entry in late!! P.S.S. You sure are a busy person!
Children
No Data