Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I don't know how things work with your team but with ours we can eliminate that problem. Once I have turned in my meet entry, it is picked up and entered in Hy-tek. From there it is swimmer responsiblity to check team web site and verify entry has been received and events entered are correct. This does place the responsibility on the swimmer/parent but with lots of entries I think it would be hard to coaches to verify everyone. If I do not see my name in list, then coach still has time to fix the problem. Does your team have a website that keeps you updated and informed and all that good stuff? greg
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I don't know how things work with your team but with ours we can eliminate that problem. Once I have turned in my meet entry, it is picked up and entered in Hy-tek. From there it is swimmer responsiblity to check team web site and verify entry has been received and events entered are correct. This does place the responsibility on the swimmer/parent but with lots of entries I think it would be hard to coaches to verify everyone. If I do not see my name in list, then coach still has time to fix the problem. Does your team have a website that keeps you updated and informed and all that good stuff? greg
Children
No Data