Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Turned out that mom was just timing how fast the daughter could get showered and dressed after practice. I have to admit finding this idea somewhat appealing. It is pretty crazy how long these kids can linger in the shower. Last night at a meet I attended I went to the men's locker room and there were two 9/10 boys lying on the shower floor rolling around with every single shower going full blast. Maybe they'll learn their lesson when they are covered in athlete's foot from head to toe!
  • Turned out that mom was just timing how fast the daughter could get showered and dressed after practice. I have to admit finding this idea somewhat appealing. It is pretty crazy how long these kids can linger in the shower. Last night at a meet I attended I went to the men's locker room and there were two 9/10 boys lying on the shower floor rolling around with every single shower going full blast. Maybe they'll learn their lesson when they are covered in athlete's foot from head to toe!
Children
No Data