Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    This all relates (in a perverse way) to these New York city parents who go to to agonizing lengths to get their children into the correct preschool (seriously!) to be on stream to get into Harvard and also network with the right sort of children. I even felt it when I used to have to tell some mom that 'The Perfect Book' for her precocious child (recommended by her wealthy older friend) was long out of print. I was just glad that mom wasn't armed at that point! Which, come to think of it, might still be an issue in your neck of the woods...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    This all relates (in a perverse way) to these New York city parents who go to to agonizing lengths to get their children into the correct preschool (seriously!) to be on stream to get into Harvard and also network with the right sort of children. I even felt it when I used to have to tell some mom that 'The Perfect Book' for her precocious child (recommended by her wealthy older friend) was long out of print. I was just glad that mom wasn't armed at that point! Which, come to think of it, might still be an issue in your neck of the woods...
Children
No Data