Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • George: This girl was not tiny. She may have been slightly below 50% or so. But her father, a former California state champion swimmer and now manager of that soccer team, wasn't satisfied. So my daughter got a big earful about injections. Maybe I should worry too. My daughter is in the 75% in height, but she is still shorter than most of her peers at swim meets...
  • George: This girl was not tiny. She may have been slightly below 50% or so. But her father, a former California state champion swimmer and now manager of that soccer team, wasn't satisfied. So my daughter got a big earful about injections. Maybe I should worry too. My daughter is in the 75% in height, but she is still shorter than most of her peers at swim meets...
Children
No Data