Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • Ok, I forgot this one. A thread by Frank reminded me. It's a doozy.:rolleyes: I know parents of an 11 year old (one a doctor) who put their child on HGH because she was on the smallish side for sports and they wanted to give her every edge. Despite being small, she was an all-star breaststroker and on my daughter's soccer team. This kid did not have a height problem and was quite talented on her own. It was ludicrous.
  • Ok, I forgot this one. A thread by Frank reminded me. It's a doozy.:rolleyes: I know parents of an 11 year old (one a doctor) who put their child on HGH because she was on the smallish side for sports and they wanted to give her every edge. Despite being small, she was an all-star breaststroker and on my daughter's soccer team. This kid did not have a height problem and was quite talented on her own. It was ludicrous.
Children
No Data