Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • I swim in 1-2 USS meets a year. Masters meets here are few and far between and unless I want to spend all day driving to meets in northern California, it's my only opportunity to race. It's fun swimming against the kids even though I get creamed. Last year at our Thanksgiving Invit. my 13 y.o. son and I were seeded in the same heat in the 100 free. As you can imagine, there was a bit of trash talking going on before the race.
  • I swim in 1-2 USS meets a year. Masters meets here are few and far between and unless I want to spend all day driving to meets in northern California, it's my only opportunity to race. It's fun swimming against the kids even though I get creamed. Last year at our Thanksgiving Invit. my 13 y.o. son and I were seeded in the same heat in the 100 free. As you can imagine, there was a bit of trash talking going on before the race.
Children
No Data