Overbearing Swimming Parents

George asked whether age group swimmers are being bullied/pressured into swimming by parents, coaches and friends. Are they? Are parents living out their "unfulfilled dreams" through their young ones, as Geek suggested in another thread? Share your funniest/saddest story about overbearing swim parents or coaches.
Parents
  • The parents that lectured other people's kids really REALLY used to steam me. I coached a few seasons of summer league. The vast majority of the parents were laid-back, enjoyed the meets, etc. I never minded the parents who cheered for their kids loudly from the sides (even the really loud ones). The ones that drove me nuts were those that questioned every event decision, every relay choice. Hello parents, it's summer league! And it's not like our team was a great one... we were in division 3 of a 4 division league (div 1 being the tops) and not even at the top of division 3. Geez... However, these parents sound mild compared to some of those other people have written about!!
  • The parents that lectured other people's kids really REALLY used to steam me. I coached a few seasons of summer league. The vast majority of the parents were laid-back, enjoyed the meets, etc. I never minded the parents who cheered for their kids loudly from the sides (even the really loud ones). The ones that drove me nuts were those that questioned every event decision, every relay choice. Hello parents, it's summer league! And it's not like our team was a great one... we were in division 3 of a 4 division league (div 1 being the tops) and not even at the top of division 3. Geez... However, these parents sound mild compared to some of those other people have written about!!
Children
No Data