Contoured paddles vs. Flat paddles

Former Member
Former Member
Howdy folks, Currently I am using speedo's contoured swim paddles and they work great, but it is time for me to move up to the next size. Is there a difference between these paddles and other "flat" paddles (meaning will one or the other be more effective for training)? Or does it just come down to personal preference? Thanks
Parents
  • Geek, I assume that all four strokes or yours are perfect and will continue to be perfect forever. Paddles serve their purpose and obviously many swimmers like them. There are plenty of elite swimmers that use paddles all the time. They build strength, as well as allow you to feel where you are slipping in the water. Since my shoulder problems I haven't put a pair on and won't for another few months. There is also something to be said for any training aid that helps you swim faster. It lets you feel how it is to swim that fast. Closer to race pace swimming. Do you ever use fins, paddles, kick boards or pull bouys?
  • Geek, I assume that all four strokes or yours are perfect and will continue to be perfect forever. Paddles serve their purpose and obviously many swimmers like them. There are plenty of elite swimmers that use paddles all the time. They build strength, as well as allow you to feel where you are slipping in the water. Since my shoulder problems I haven't put a pair on and won't for another few months. There is also something to be said for any training aid that helps you swim faster. It lets you feel how it is to swim that fast. Closer to race pace swimming. Do you ever use fins, paddles, kick boards or pull bouys?
Children
No Data