Contoured paddles vs. Flat paddles

Former Member
Former Member
Howdy folks, Currently I am using speedo's contoured swim paddles and they work great, but it is time for me to move up to the next size. Is there a difference between these paddles and other "flat" paddles (meaning will one or the other be more effective for training)? Or does it just come down to personal preference? Thanks
Parents
  • So, with the knowledge, directly from your coach, that they encourage or increase the chance of injury and the fact that you acknowledge you only use proper swimming muscles when using your paddles, you chose to use them anyway? And, Betsy, why spend all that time learning how to swim with paddles when you could use the time to actually improve your real stroke? My daughter had training wheels on her bike but once she learned how to ride we took them off.
  • So, with the knowledge, directly from your coach, that they encourage or increase the chance of injury and the fact that you acknowledge you only use proper swimming muscles when using your paddles, you chose to use them anyway? And, Betsy, why spend all that time learning how to swim with paddles when you could use the time to actually improve your real stroke? My daughter had training wheels on her bike but once she learned how to ride we took them off.
Children
No Data